The Cheesy Italian Burger
The Cheesy Italian Burger
Depends how hungry you are
About This Recipe
This is a really great tasting burger. Gorgonzola with balsamic caramelized onions and pears on a juicy beef patty gives you a proper rich burger.
Let me keep you up-to-date with the latest recipes, releases and news. Plus, recieve bonus recipes and more. Don't worry; I hate spam too.
Grill / Hob
The Barbecue Book
The Hungry Kitchen Barbecue Book is out Now!
Get the Badboy Burger Book Now!
Pack full of awesome burgers
Try the: The Cheesy Italian
"Thanks to everyone who has bought my cookbooks. I really appreciate the support. I couldn't do this without you."
The Hungry Kitchen Burger Book is out Now!
Packed full of awesome burgers
Try the: Cheesy Italian
"Thanks to everyone who has bought my of cookbooks. I really appreciate the support. I couldn't do this without you."
The Cheesy Italian
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef 15-20% fat
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tbsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried fennel seed ground
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
The Onion & Pears
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 pears chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- Olive oil
- 1/2 pound of gorgonzola
- 1 cup of arugula rocket
- Gently mix 1/2 tbsp. salt, 1/2 tbsp. freshly cracked black pepper, the dried parsley, dried basil, dried fennel seed, dried oregano, dried thyme and the beef.
- Very gently divide the beef mixture into 5 pieces. Roll each piece in your hands until the mixture stays together in a ball. Be careful not to squash the meat too much.
The Onions & Pears
- Boil the balsamic vinegar in a saucepan until it has reduced by half and allow to cool. Once cool, it should be much thicker.
- In a separate pan, fry the onions and pears in butter on a medium heat until they have browned. Then turn down the heat and cook until tender.
- Finish by adding the vinegar and season with salt to taste.
- Place the ball of meat in the pan and squash it down immediately with a flat metal kitchen utensil (I use the back of my hand.)
- Using your finger, make a small dimple in the middle. This stops it from swelling in the middle when it is cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Cook on one side for a couple of minutes or until it is golden brown/charred on one side.
- Flip the burger and cook for a similar time of the other side or until it is right for you (I prefer rare to medium).
- While cooking the second side, slice your bun/s and heat each side in the same pan as the burger.
- Lay some arugula to the bottom bun.
- Add the burger.
- Add a generous slice of the gorgonzola.
- Spoon on a good serving of the onions and pears.
- Get stuck in!
More Burger Recipes
The is one of the greatest burgers out there. Who doesn’t love a good old English breakfast? Add in a beef patty, stuck it all in a brioche bun. It’s the burger of champi
This burger is the Ultimate Badboy burger. It is everything that you want in a burger. No frills, just great ingredients.